Calling all Pit Masters and BBQ aficionados! Today’s clever cocktail is the perfect sipper for standing around the grill while those slow and low ribs are smoking. Summer peaches are here, and we are going to put a bit of fire to them and use them in our seasonal rendition of the Old Fashion.
To Prepare the Peaches:
- Pre-Heat Grill to 400 degrees
- Half and pit the peaches leaving the skin on.
- Brush the flesh side lightly with vegetable oil then dip in light brown sugar
- Grill flesh side down over direct heat to caramelize the sugar and create grill marks
- Move to indirect heat, cover, and cook for 10 minutes (till slightly soft)
- Remove from grill and cool
- Split the halves into quarters. (Each drink uses ¼ of a peach)
Grilled Peach Old Fashioned
In an oversized old-fashioned glass add:
- ¼ Grilled Peach
- 2 Luxardo Maraschino Cherries
- 3 Dashes of Angostura Bitters
- ¼ Ounce Simple Syrup
Muddle everything well then top with 2 Ounces of Well-Bred Rye. Fill glass with cracked ice, Stir and top with a splash of soda. No garnish needed!
*This recipe also plays well with Bourbon, Brandy, Calvados and Dark Rum