Today we share with you a dessert Martini perfect for the Christmas holiday. It is sweet and spicy and can be enjoyed alongside dessert or on its own in place of dessert. Happy Holidays!
The Gingerbread Martini
In a blender add:
- 1 Ounce Vanilla Vodka
- 1 Ounce Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1 Ounce Kaluha
- 1 Ounce Ginger Syrup*
- 1 Large Scoop Softened Vanilla Ice Cream
Blend till thick but smooth. Pour into a chilled martini saucer. Top with whipped cream and dust the top with crushed gingerbread cookies.
Gingerbread Syrup Recipe
In a small saucepan add:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 allspice berries
- A small pinch of ground nutmeg
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 black peppercorns (sounds crazy but it is important)
- 1 whole star anise
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer till reduced by ½ (till it coats a spoon). Cool and refrigerate (will keep 7-10 days in the refrigerator).