Everyone knows that Egg Nog and Christmas go hand in hand, but today we offer the recipe for Egg Nog’s tropical cousin from Puerto Rico. The Coquito is a creamy rich concoction, similar in fashion to egg nog, but made with coconut and condensed milk with no eggs. It is a delicious, easy alternative to Egg Nog that will bring rave reviews. Feliz Navidad!
In a blender or food processor add:
- One 15-ounce can of Coco Lopez cream of coconut
- One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- One 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- 1/2 cup white rum
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Blend until all ingredients are combined and smooth. Transfer into a pitcher and chill till very cold. Serve in a small cup/glass with or without ice (we prefer without). Dust the top with nutmeg and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
(We also like to spike it up a bit with the addition of ½ ounce of Gold Rum stirred in last minute)