Here is a great drink that will help you segue into fall while still hanging on to a bit of summer. Our Smoky Cider Margarita takes summer’s favorite cocktail and infuses fresh fall cider into the glass. We use Mezcal instead of Tequila as a base to lend that unmistakable smoky character that only Mezcal can provide. It is a refreshing new fall take on a classic summer favorite. Cheers!
Smokey Cider Margarita
In a Shaker Glass Filled with Ice Add:
- 2 Ounces Well-Bred Mezcal (we like Del Maguey Mezcal Vida)
- 2 Ounces Fresh Apple Cider
- 1 Ounce Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- ½ Ounce Agave Nectar (to taste)
Shake Till Painfully Cold. Pour Everything into a 12 oz Margarita Glass. Rimmed with Sweet & Smoky Salt. Garnish with an Apple Slice.
Sweet & Smoky Salt Rim
- 1 Ounce Smoked Salt (found at better grocers and gourmet shops)
- 1 Ounce Light Brown Sugar
Stir to Combine. Rub the rim of the glass with fresh lime to get the Sweet and Smoky rim to stick.