It is Super Bowl Monday, the day after. Those waking up in Philly today may have a bit of a hangover and those waking up in Boston may as well, but for different reasons. Either way we offer you a “Pick-Me-Up” cocktail recipe today to shake off last night’s celebrations or commiserations.
The Michelada is a sort of Shandy, it is also like a Bloody Mary but made with a base of beer. When you look up recipes online you will get dozens of variations on the theme so we will share with you our recipe, drawn from the most common assemblages of ingredients. From there we suggest you experiment and put your own spin to this great Morning After “Pick-Me-Up”
- Rub the Rim of a Pint Glass with Lime and Dip into Tajin Seasoning (Chili Lime Salt)
- Fill Glass with Cracked Ice
- Fill the Glass ¼ full with Clamato Juice (tomato if you prefer)
- Add 4 good dashes of Hot Sauce (Tabasco, Franks, Tapatio)
- Add Two Teaspoons of Worchestershire Sauce
- Add One Half Teaspoon of Maggi Sauce (Optional but Really Good)
- Add the Juice of 1 Lime
- Top with a Mexican lager beer (Modelo Especial would be our pick)
Stir, Drink, Feel Better!