With the holiday season upon us it is time to make some hot buttered rum batter. This is a wonderful thing to have on hand when company stops by and will keep for up to 3 months in the fridge and about a year in the freezer. It is a great hot toddy that is easy to make And guaranteed to shake off the cold. When the mood prevails all you need in addition to the batter to make a Hot Buttered Rum is a good Dark Rum and hot water, couldn’t be simpler.
- 1 lb. softened unsalted butter
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Clove
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
Put all the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
To Make a Hot Buttered Rum
In a pre-warmed 12 Ounce Mug
- 2 Ounces of Dark Rum (We Like Cruzan Blackstrap!)
- Add 1 Heaping Teaspoon of Batter
- Fill with Piping Hot Water
Stir Vigorously Until Batter is Dissolved.